Blume Family Blog

My photo
A new blog for a new life beginning. Our family is complete,with two kids and two dogs! Read and follow the blog as we go through this crazy thing called life!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Perfect Pumpkin Picker

Today I joined my friend Hilari and her family at the Art Fair in Mr Horeb...it was a bit chilly but we kept moving through the different art collections that people had brought to sell. I pushed an empty stroller, and Saffron clung onto Hilari, as we made our way from one end of Main St. to the other. One of our last stops before lunch was a pumpkin stand. Saffron knew from a block down where she wanted to go, and we could not leave without her picking out the perfect sized Saffy pumpkin. Not sure yet if we will carve it, I think she is more proud to be able to carry one around that is her size. I took a few pictures on my phone of her at the stand.

"Mommy, can I get a pumpkin....PLLLLEEEEEASSSEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee??"
and I say, "Saffron no, we will be going with Grandma and Grandpa tomorrow and go apple picking and maybe get a pumpkin there.....can't you wait?"
Saffron's response......

"I want a pumpkin, and I want one now....."
(well, I never told her she could not have one...just thought this pic would fit my story....)

"Whoa, gots to be careful around here, Hilari, there are pumpkins everywhere."

(kick, kick), "Looks like a dud here, sounds hollow to me....."

"More expensive ones this way mom, think we can get a better pumpkin...."

"Too big and too heavy that ways....I think that's why these only cost $1, they are Saffy Size!!!!!!"

"How about this one mommy....no wait, it's broken.....it's all yucky...."

"Ugh......um....how about......this one......mommy......um....a little help here?!"

"We got a pumpkin, I've paid the bill, now point me to the direction of the restaurant, I have to go potty, and my tummy is making noises..."

"Now you're talking.....thanks for the ride Hilari, now let's go eat some lunch, I am starving....."

No comments: