Blume Family Blog

My photo
A new blog for a new life beginning. Our family is complete,with two kids and two dogs! Read and follow the blog as we go through this crazy thing called life!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

To Sleep Or Not To Sleep That Is The Question

Saffron, I have come to realize, requires a certain order of special events in order for her to be ready when it comes to her sleep times.

1) She must have cold water and cold milk in sippy cups she picks out.

"Love my water and milk....the colder the better!"

2) She needs her tap light and her flash light within close reach.

"The more light you have, the better, think we should have daddy put in a spot light!!!"

3) She needs all her special pillows (2 yellow, 1 pink, and her normal ones).

"Okay, I think I have everything....."

4) She must go "Pee-Pee potty" 3 or more times before her little bladder is empty.

"Okay mom....think I have peed enough, time to take me to bed!"

5) She sometimes brushes her teeth 2x before she is satisfied they are clean.

"Minty fresh mom....."

6) She needs all her special blankets (Elmo tie, Pink one, and her little yellow doll blanket her Aunt Summer made her)

7) She then needs to have an entire toy box of toys surround every inch of free space on the bed. She being the smart one, must count and record all the toys, because if one is missing, mommy goes out on a mission to locate it till it's found!

8) She also needs a small stack of books along side her, mostly her favorites (Good Night Moon, Supermarket, and Brown Bear)....I can sometimes hear her reciting them on the monitor.

"WAIT!!!!!!!!!!.....My books....where did they go?"

9) I know the dogs would love to join the fun, I doubt anyone would get any sleep then, including mom and dad.

"Mom, Snoopy can stay in here....he will keep me company....."

10) And she sometimes needs mommy to join her in her naps, but with the constant giggles, and little peaks from under the blankets, no one sleeps well then or not as long.

Harder for me to stretch out in a bed full of toys and a toddler.....

and if all else fails.....

fall asleep in mommy and daddy's bed....

Sleep tight Saffron.........

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

We are not bringing all that stuff to our house when she comes for the weekend! It won't fit in a twin bed!