Blume Family Blog

My photo
A new blog for a new life beginning. Our family is complete,with two kids and two dogs! Read and follow the blog as we go through this crazy thing called life!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Holidays

I wanted to get this post out sooner, but with the Holiday rush, I felt the need to take a break. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.

Our Family holiday began at Mom and Dad Jones's. We gathered there along with the rest of my moms side of the family. About 8pm, we had a very special visitor come knocking at the door, any guess as to who that was?????

SANTA CLAUSE

As I always say, you're never to old to sit on Santa's lap

"OK Mom, can I play with my new toy NOW!!??"

"Yeah this is more like it....with Santa gone, it's just me and Grandma Jones!"

Shortly after Santa Clause flew away on his sleigh, we loaded up Saffron's loot, and made the icy trek to Fennimore....Saffron fast asleep in the back, we made the trip safe and sound.

"Whoa, What happened.....I fell asleep at one Grandma's and awoke at another.....HEHehehe, I think I can get use to this holiday thing..."

The next morning......just after breakfast......

"Watch out, coming threw.....step aside, I got some presents to open here!!!"

"After this one mom, you'd better put the camera away, cause I'm gonna fly threw these gifts so fast, you won't be able to catch me on camera!!!"

After the opening of the gifts, we decided to get dressed....Oh, by the way the Christmas Eve Santa stopped by early and dropped off some very warm PJ's.....!!!

"WAAAAAaaaaaaa, whatda mean that's all the presents.....NOooooooo...."

"OK Grandma, thanks for the talk.....I will be a good girl, and maybe Santa will come again next year!!!!!"

"Maybe someday I will be able to build LEGO'S as good as daddy has."

"No cute sayings here, can't I just be happy?"

"Dancing the night away..."

"Why Mom, you wanna join in?"

We ended up staying Christmas night as well.....it had been snowing and freezing rain all day, we figured it would be easier to travel in the daylight. So we spent the evening playing Skip-Bo

"Very strange things happen when the adults send the kids to bed......not sure what's going on here, guess I will have to ask Grandpa..."

We loaded up early the day after Christmas, and headed back home.
The roads, traveling in the daylight, were better, but it's snowed most of the day once we got home.

"As we all are about to venture out into the cold, I want to thank everyone for making my 2nd Christmas a special one...."

No comments: