Blume Family Blog

My photo
A new blog for a new life beginning. Our family is complete,with two kids and two dogs! Read and follow the blog as we go through this crazy thing called life!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Christmas That Was

Christmas has come and gone, much faster than it took to get here. Our family was very blessed to be be able to share time with both our families. I admit, I was a little worried being this far into my pregnancy, if I would have the energy or even be able to travel. Back when I was pregnant with Saffron, I was on travel restrictions for the last month or more of my pregnancy. We did a lot of traveling back and forth from home this Christmas, but it was nice to be able to see everyone. Relaxing today, and picking up the mess from Christmas....sure was one for the record books! Here are a few pictures I took along the way.

The late Great Grandma Jones had made the Grand kids blankets, and in addition made two doll blankets for Saffron and Katherine, made me cry to think that this will be one of the last few blankets made by her. Saffron was made one when she was born, and she adores it. She even made one for Baby Blume, so baby will have a little remembrance as well!

Mom Jones kept them safe till they made their appearance at Christmas!

This is why God gave Grandma's laps!

So there would be plenty of room for the grand kids to sit!

We celebrated Christmas with the family, before the Casper side got there. Saffron got a nice LE monogramed blanket, a Leapfrog Scribble and Write, and the doll blanket! Daddy helped her tear into the gifts!

"I know how this works daddy, I'm an expert now!"

While waiting for Santa, Grandma was showing Saffron pictures on her camera, she did quite well picking people out!

"I know who these people are!!"

Saffron ran into daddies arms when Santa came into the door

"Um, daddy, he looks bigger in person then on the TV!"

Tried to get a peak at Saffron....she was hard to get with all the kids surrounding Santa

"Hey Santa, anything in that big bag for me?"

I'm very surprised Saffron got this close to Santa....she would not sit on his lap, but maybe she will next year!

"IT'S JESSIE!!!!!, IT'S JESSIE DADDY!!!"

Check out the look on her face...

"That's close enough Santa, hands off!!!"

Figures she would warm up to Santa after he left....these were her exact words as Santa left to fly away....

"Bye Santa fly away on your reindeer!"

The next morning, Saffron literally stumbled out of her room, and feel onto the kitchen floor...she did not want anything to do with what Santa brought her.....even the dogs kissing her would not move her

"Is this what a play hangover feels like....ugh, no energy...just bring the gifts to me."

I tired to get her going by getting her dressed, this only made her more cranky....

"I just want to go back to bed....let me be....."

Derek got the ball rolling by opening the first gift....was not long after that, that the whole living room was full of presents and wrapping paper!

"Oooooohhhhh...my own laptop....now I can have my own, and mommy won't get mad when I play with hers!

"I don't think mommy got you guys anything.....but it must be food!"

After we celebrated at home, we loaded up the family and headed to Fennimore to celebrate with the Blume side....and yet another present opening session! Saffron was so thrilled to see that Santa had made a visit there as well!

I don't think Saffron really cared who gifts they were for, she just made her rounds helping each family member open their gifts, it was a slow start, but before long the floor was covered in paper!

"I hope you like this Grandpa, I picked it out!"

Saffron got a LE sleeping bag, we thought we would leave it at the Grandparents so it would be there when she made a visit, but she had so much fun playing in it, we decided to bring it home!

"A SLEEPY BAG!!!!!!!!!!"

"Ya mean that's it? Chrismtas presents are over?"

Saffron got a lot of nice gifts from Summer, Reid, and Eddie, along with the Super G gifts, and Santa....It's going to be even more exciting come next year with a new Baby Blume and a new Baby Nimzalete! 4 Grand kids, 3 Grand dogs, Ohhhh, I can't wait!!! :D

I did not take any pictures after the present opening....we sure enjoyed spending the day with Summer, Reid, and Eddie, and of course the Super G's! Going to spend today relaxing....and cleaning!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas,
I know we all did!
Love,
The Blumes

No comments: